This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] libbacktrace: Move define of HAVE_ZLIB into check for -lz
- From: "Ian Lance Taylor via gcc-patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 07:33:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libbacktrace: Move define of HAVE_ZLIB into check for -lz
- References: <CABOHX+eb04n65-Vs=7PFwOFvAEbNVe92AeZ1WoEa=dLrJEFQNg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 7:50 AM, Iain Buclaw <email@example.com> wrote:
> This is really to suppress the default action-if-found for
> AC_CHECK_LIBS. Zlib is not a dependency of libbacktrace, and so it
> shouldn't be added to LIBS. When looking at the check, saw that could
> remove the test for ac_cv_lib_z_compress also.
Thanks, but this doesn't seem like quite the right approach, as seen
by the fact that HAVE_ZLIB_H was dropped from config.h.in. I think
you need to keep the AC_DEFINE out of the AC_CHECK_LIB. I would guess
that it would work to just change the default case of AC_CHECK_LIB to
[;] or something similarly innocuous.