This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Move -Walloca and related warnings from c.opt to common.opt
- From: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 09:45:04 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Move -Walloca and related warnings from c.opt to common.opt
- References: <CABOHX+c3NmK9+uDroAAzE_Pi_ginuL-ADCwtYaez4p69q+714A@mail.gmail.com> <20180730152825.GY17988@tucnak>
On 07/30/2018 09:28 AM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 08:35:39PM +0200, Iain Buclaw wrote:
Since r262910, it was noticed that new -Walloca-larger-than= warnings
started appearing when building the D frontend's standard library.
These have been checked and verified as valid, and appropriate fixes
will be sent on upstream.
As for the warning itself, as it is now default on, it would be
preferable to be able control it. Given the choice between adding
these options to the D frontend or moving them to common, I'd rather
move them to common.
It is strange to add a warning option for languages that don't even have
alloca. Instead, the warning shouldn't be enabled by default (but Martin
doesn't want to listen to that), or at least should be enabled only for the
languages where it makes sense.
I agree that the warning shouldn't be enabled for languages that
don't have support for alloca.