This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] improve internals documentation for nested function descriptors
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast dot net>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 23:44:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] improve internals documentation for nested function descriptors
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Apropos of the discussion about improving the docs for
> TARGET_CUSTOM_FUNCTION_DESCRIPTORS in the context of the C-SKY port
> here is the patch I've come up with based on reading the source. Is
> this technically accurate? Any suggestions on how to improve it further?
""Define this hook to 0 if the target implements custom support"
"custom" was precisely chosen to distinguish this kind of descriptors from the
standard descriptors used on IA-64 or HP-PA, so it's contradictory. Moreover
I would really start with the "custom" case and not the standard case as was
originally written, the "custom" case being the common case for targets.
I'm not really convinced by the substitution misalignment -> tag either, but
if others find the new version more understandable, then OK with me.