This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] Mention LTO link-time issue fixed in gcc 8.2
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 21:51:26 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] Mention LTO link-time issue fixed in gcc 8.2
- References: <20180719094728.GA53182@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> since we now mention the problem with Intel tuning, I tought we also may
> mention the LTO link-time issue that was fixed. It was mentioned by
> several folks at the phoronix forum. (Basicaly sometimes the partition
> size has overlfown which made partitioner to put every symbol into
> separate parition causing fork bomb while streaming and overall very
> slow compile times).
Thanks, Jan, this looks fine to me.