This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 59480 ("Missing error diagnostic: friend declaration specifying a default argument must be a definition")
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 18:09:57 +1000
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 59480 ("Missing error diagnostic: friend declaration specifying a default argument must be a definition")
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 7:52 PM, Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> the below resolves the bug report and its duplicates by implementing - in a
> rather straightforward way, I believe - the resolution of DR 136, which also
> made into C++17. Note that in the patch I used permerror instead of a plain
> error for consistency with the other check
> (check_redeclaration_no_default_args) which I added (rather) recently, and
> I'm exploiting that to allow two existing testcases to compile as they are.
> Tested x86_64-linux.
> Thanks, Paolo.