This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR86456
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:50:48 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR86456
- References: <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/17/2018 02:23 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
> This cures the ICEs and wrong assembler that currently happen when
> using -flto with -gdwarf-5. gdb is also happy with small test programs
> but readelf is still complaining (see PR, I have no clue what goes
> Bootstrapped on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, testing in progress.
> LTO bootstrap with -gdwarf-5 running ontop of the GCC 8 branch.
> Jakub, do you know of any issues with dwarf5 supports in tools
> like readelf? I've just checked that from binutils 2.31 but even
> that isn't happy.
Mark Weilaard has been poking at dwarf5 support in elfutils. You may
have better luck with those rather than readelf from binutils.
Tom Rix indicated some interest in this space as well, but I haven't
seen much code yet.