This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR86452
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: jason at redhat dot com, dodji at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 11:14:17 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR86452
- References: <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/11/2018 07:11 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
> The following fixes PR86452 by using scope_die_for which correctly
> deals with -g1 in not creating (new) DIEs for namespaces. With
> a larger LTO testcase we run into this with a namespace DIE not
> readily available but I'm not sure the issue isn't latent with
> The original code was added with the fix for PR44188 which
> had a lengthy discussion and various patch variants but this
> very piece of change didn't have an explanation and why it
> didn't use scope_die_for. The single testcase added still passes
> after the patch.
> Bootstraped on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, testing in progress.
> OK for trunk?
> 2018-07-11 Richard Biener <email@example.com>
> PR debug/86452
> * dwarf2out.c (gen_type_die_with_usage): Use scope_die_for
> instead of get_context_die.