This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] doc: update looping constructs
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast dot net>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 10:55:06 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] doc: update looping constructs
- References: <0A4BF41A-322A-402F-9BC7-FBA50F926E54@comcast.net>
On 07/11/2018 06:20 PM, Paul Koning wrote:
> This patch removes the obsolete documentation for decrement_and_branch_until_zero. It also adds detail to the description for doloop_end. In particular, it describes the required form of the conditional branch part of the pattern.
> Ok for trunk?
> 2018-07-11 Paul Koning <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * doc/rtl.texi (REG_NONNEG): Remove decrement and branch until
> zero reference, add doloop_end instead.
> * doc/md.texi (decrement_and_branch_until_zero): Remove.
> (Looping patterns): Remove decrement_and_branch_until_zero. Add
> detail for doloop_end.
OK. I wonder if we can eliminate REG_NONNEG at this point. I'm not
sure if it's really being used anymore. I see a reference in the old
m68k dbra pattern, but that pattern could well be dead at this point.