This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH] Fix PR86452
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: jason at redhat dot com, dodji at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 15:11:06 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: [PATCH] Fix PR86452
The following fixes PR86452 by using scope_die_for which correctly
deals with -g1 in not creating (new) DIEs for namespaces. With
a larger LTO testcase we run into this with a namespace DIE not
readily available but I'm not sure the issue isn't latent with
The original code was added with the fix for PR44188 which
had a lengthy discussion and various patch variants but this
very piece of change didn't have an explanation and why it
didn't use scope_die_for. The single testcase added still passes
after the patch.
Bootstraped on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, testing in progress.
OK for trunk?
2018-07-11 Richard Biener <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* dwarf2out.c (gen_type_die_with_usage): Use scope_die_for
instead of get_context_die.
--- gcc/dwarf2out.c (revision 262551)
+++ gcc/dwarf2out.c (working copy)
@@ -25378,11 +25378,8 @@ gen_type_die_with_usage (tree type, dw_d
generate debug info for the typedef. */
if (is_naming_typedef_decl (TYPE_NAME (type)))
- /* Use the DIE of the containing namespace as the parent DIE of
- the type description DIE we want to generate. */
- if (DECL_CONTEXT (TYPE_NAME (type))
- && TREE_CODE (DECL_CONTEXT (TYPE_NAME (type))) == NAMESPACE_DECL)
- context_die = get_context_die (DECL_CONTEXT (TYPE_NAME (type)));
+ /* Give typedefs the right scope. */
+ context_die = scope_die_for (type, context_die);
gen_decl_die (TYPE_NAME (type), NULL, NULL, context_die);