This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] Adjust one more error message to use rich_location::add_range
- From: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 14:20:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] Adjust one more error message to use rich_location::add_range
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2018-07-02 at 12:58 +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> I was double checking my pending patch and going through the errors
> emit in decl.c and elsewhere about thread_local and __thread and
> another place, in parser.c, where using rich_location::add_range
> natural. Note, we could in principle swap location and
> decl_specs->locations[ds_thread] in the error basing on the gnu bool
> ensure that the caret always points to __thread. All in all, I don't
> think it's worth it...
> Thanks, Paolo.
The patch looks good to me (with my "diagnostic messages" maintainer