This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][RFA/RFC] Stack clash mitigation patch 01/08 V2
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 08:23:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][RFA/RFC] Stack clash mitigation patch 01/08 V2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 11:17:19PM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> The biggest change in this update to patch 01/08 is moving of stack
> clash protection out of -fstack-check= and into its own option,
> -fstack-clash-protection. I believe other issues raised by reviewers
> have been addressed as well.
I think the documentation for the new option should say this only
provides partial protection on targets that do not have fuller protection
enabled. Is there some way for users to find out which targets those
are / if their target is one of those?