This is the mail archive of the
gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH][RFA/RFC] Stack clash mitigation patch 00/08 V2
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 23:17:13 -0600
- Subject: [PATCH][RFA/RFC] Stack clash mitigation patch 00/08 V2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx03.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx03.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=law at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com A02F17EBD3
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com A02F17EBD3
So later than I wanted, here's the V2 of the stack clash mitigation work.
Probably the biggest change in this version was moving the protection
out of -fstack-check= and into its own option (-fstack-clash-protection)
This has been bootstrapped and regression tested on the same set of
targets {x86_64, powerpc, powerpc64le, aarch64, s390x}-linux-gnu. I've
also enabled -fstack-clash-protection and eyeballed test results
relative to the baselines to ensure nothing unexpected was failing.
Since this patch hits other targets that are not protected from
stack-clash a little harder, I also tested things like {alpha, mips,
ia64, hppa}-linux-gnu through building all-gcc.
As with the prior patch, comments, flames, questions are welcomed.
Jeff