This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: common grounds for VxWorks 7 support
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- Cc: Jerome Lambourg <lambourg at adacore dot com>, Douglas B Rupp <rupp at adacore dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:44:16 -0600
- Subject: Re: common grounds for VxWorks 7 support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx01.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx01.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=law at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 89BF98124F
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 89BF98124F
- References: <F8F59A21-9B30-4443-8621-CEDBC5F6CF28@adacore.com>
On 06/26/2017 09:38 AM, Olivier Hainque wrote:
> This patch introduces common grounds for VxWorks 7 support.
> The main device is the introduction of a TARGET_VXWORKS7 macro which we
> leverage throughout the various vxworks.h / vxworks.c files, common or cpu
> We have done several CPU specific ports already, and this scheme works pretty
> There's quite a bit of common material between Vx7 and the previous versions.
> For the distinctions we need to make, the use of preprocessing doesn't impair
> readability IMO, on the contrary, while the usual alternative with extra target
> files rapidly becomes subtle to handle right (getting the proper inclusion
> ordering while preventing code duplication is not always easy and may make
> maintenance harder or more error-prone).
> Nathan does this work for you ?
> If OK on principle, I'm not sure who is to approve the tiny config.gcc part.
> Thanks in advance for your feedback,
> With Kind Regards,
> 2017-06-26 Jerome Lambourg <email@example.com>
> Olivier Hainque <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config.gcc (tm_defines for VxWorks): Define TARGET_VXWORKS7 for
> all vxworks7 targets.
> * config/vxworks.h (TARGET_VXWORKS7): If not defined, define to 0.
> (VXWORKS_ADDITIONAL_CPP_SPEC): Alternative definition for VXWORKS7.
> (VXWORKS_LIBS_RTP, VXWORKS_LIBS_RTP_DIR): New macros, allowing
> variations for VX6/VX7 and 32/64bits later on in ...
> (VXWORKS_LIB_SPEC): Leverage new macros.
> (VXWORKS_OS_CPP_BUILTINS): Define _VSB_CONFIG_FILE for VXWORKS7,
> as well as _ALLOW_KEYWORD_MACROS when "inline" is not a keyword.
I'd think the tiny config.gcc bits would fall under the VxWorks umbrella
and you can self-approve.