This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] PR34640 - ICE when assigning item of a derived-component to a pointer
- From: Thomas Koenig <tkoenig at netcologne dot de>
- To: Paul Richard Thomas <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>, "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 12:59:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR34640 - ICE when assigning item of a derived-component to a pointer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGkQGiKjiSuvdqz24C4S4jHw7Hr_qU_A=kxAO25yUoBhr16gWg@mail.gmail.com>
I want to sound out if this is acceptable as the way to fix these
problems before going to the trouble of doing the final clean up;
especially of trans.c (gfc_build_array_ref) and
The method you use looks OK to me, and the time till
completion of the Great Array Descrptor Reform (TM)
tends to become longer, not shorter.
So, OK to proceed from my side.
And thank you very much for taking on this thorny (and, for gfortran,
very fundamental problem).