This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [libcilkrts] Fix 64-bit SPARC/Linux port
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, ro at cebitec dot uni-bielefeld dot de
- Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 14:44:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [libcilkrts] Fix 64-bit SPARC/Linux port
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1587620.v97RmY0WqK@polaris>
From: Eric Botcazou <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 19:34:54 +0200
> Since libcilkrts was ported to the SPARC architecture by Rainer, running the
> testsuite on SPARC/Linux in 64-bit mode with sufficiently high parallelim has
> resulted in an almost guaranteed kernel panic.
> Fixed thusly, tested on SPARC64/Linux and SPARC/Solaris., applied to mainline
> and 7 branch. Rainer kindly agreed to submit a copy of the fix to the master
> repository when he gets a chance.
Ok, but the kernel shouldn't crash because of a bad stack pointer.
The fact that an unaligned stack access causes the problem is a good
clue. Thanks, I'll try to look into this.