This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ipa/81185, Improve naming of target_clone cloned function names
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Martin Liska <mliska at suse dot cz>, Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:13:05 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ipa/81185, Improve naming of target_clone cloned function names
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx08.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx08.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=law at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com 2BF36C01B80F
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 2BF36C01B80F
- References: <20170623015804.GA1892@ibm-tiger.the-meissners.org>
On 06/22/2017 07:58 PM, Michael Meissner wrote:
> he June 19th, 2017 change from Martin Liska <firstname.lastname@example.org>, made the
> target_clones support more usable, in that it it changed the external name from
> being the default function to being the ifunc handler. This means that calls
> from other modules will call the appropriate clone based on what machine it is
> running on.
> The name generated for each of the clone functions for non-default
> architectures has the string ".default.<number>" added to it, while it already
> has the various names for the different architectures.
> I tracked this down to create_dispatcher_calls getting called for each of the
> clone functions, since they have the DECL_FUNCTION_VERISIONED bit set.
> I have done bootstrap builds on both x86_64 and PowerPC and this patch builds
> the current GCC and has no regressions in the test suite. Can I check it into
> the trunk?
> 2017-06-22 Michael Meissner <email@example.com>
> PR ipa/81185
> * multiple_target.c (create_dispatcher_calls): Only create the
> dispatcher call if the function is the default clone of a
> versioned function.