This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH/AARCH64 v2] Enable software prefetching (-fprefetch-loop-arrays) for ThunderX 88xxx
- From: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <apinski at cavium dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 12:01:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/AARCH64 v2] Enable software prefetching (-fprefetch-loop-arrays) for ThunderX 88xxx
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 126.96.36.199) smtp.mailfrom=arm.com; gcc.gnu.org; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;gcc.gnu.org; dmarc=bestguesspass action=none header.from=arm.com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <CA+=Sn1mSsUauw3R0V46bB4HgThGGx155BghogFBU6pgpNTdd8w@mail.gmail.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:13:24AM -0700, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> Here is the updated patch based on the new infrastructure which is now included.
> OK? Bootstrapped and tested on aarch64-linux-gnu with no regressions
> and tested again on SPEC CPU 2006 on THunderX T88 with the speed up
> mentioned before.
> Andrew Pinski
> * config/aarch64/aarch64-cores.def (thunderxt88p1): Use thunderxt88 tunings.
> (thunderxt88): Likewise.
> * config/aarch64/aarch64.c (thunderxt88_prefetch_tune): New variable.
> (thunderx_prefetch_tune): New variable.
> (thunderx2t99_prefetch_tune): Update for the correct values.
> (thunderxt88_tunings): New variable.
> (thunderx_tunings): Use thunderx_prefetch_tune instead of generic_prefetch_tune.
> (thunderx2t99_tunings): Use AUTOPREFETCHER_WEAK.