This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR libstdc++/81092 add std::wstring symbols and bump library version
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:56:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR libstdc++/81092 add std::wstring symbols and bump library version
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=jwakely at redhat dot com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mx1.redhat.com F09E633459A
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com F09E633459A
- References: <20170614181305.GE2958@redhat.com>
On 14/06/17 19:13 +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
There are two symbols defined in GCC 7.1's libstdc++.6.0.23 library
which are not exported on all targets (because I wrote "m" in the
linker script instead of "[jmy]").
This patch bumps the library version on gcc-7-branch to 6.0.24 and
exports the "[jy]" versions of the symbols with version the new
GLIBCXX_3.4.24 symbol version.
This requires bumping the version on trunk to 6.0.25 and moving the
new random_device::_M_get_entropy() symbol to GLIBCXX_3.4.25 (which
will be done by the patch in the following mail).
Target maintainers will need to regenerate the baseline symbols on
gcc-7-branch and trunk.
I intend to commit this tomorrow to gcc-7-branch.
I forgot to commit the regenerated configure scripts, which I've now
done (r249438 for trunk and r249439 for the branch).