This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: stack/heap collision vulnerability and mitigation with GCC
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, law at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 10:21:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFC: stack/heap collision vulnerability and mitigation with GCC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170619181200.50E0C33CA8@vlsi1.gnat.com>
> Out of curiousity, does the old Alpha/VMS stack-checking API meet the
> requirements? From what I recall, I think it does.
No, it's the usual probe-first-and-then-allocate strategy and Jeff rejects it
because of valgrind. I'd personally rather change valgrind but...