This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH rs6000] Fix for commit 249311
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Carl Love <cel at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 18:23:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH rs6000] Fix for commit 249311
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 09:08:50PM -0700, Carl Love wrote:
> Commit r249311 had an error. During the patch review the define expand
> for VFC_inst was changed to VF_sxddp. I compiled and tested the source
> after making the change and it seemed fine. However, I missed a couple
> of changes. It seems that since I didn't remove all the binaries before
> recompiling the build tree still had the old definition in it.
Either we have some missing dependencies then, or (more likely) something
in your workflow didn't set modification dates correctly.
> I also
> found I had to move the VF_sxddp definition back to the file where it is
> used. Need to make sure I do a clean build just to be sure before
> committing things.
> I found the issue after pulling down a fresh tree and compiling when the
> build failed. I have already applied the following change to the tree
> as I didn't want to leave a broken tree all weekend.
> Please let me know
> if there are any changes to this fix-up patch that you would like to see
> made and I will take care of it.
> Sorry about breaking things.
Heh, it happens :-)