This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH, contrib] Support multi-tool sum files in dg-cmp-results.sh
- From: Thomas Preudhomme <thomas dot preudhomme at foss dot arm dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 13:30:32 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH, contrib] Support multi-tool sum files in dg-cmp-results.sh
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
dg-cmp-results.sh contrib script is written to work with sum file for
a single tool only. It throws away the header including the first ===
line and everything starting from the following ===, assuming it is the
test result. This does not work well for sum files with results for
This patch changes the logic to instead keep everything between "Running
target" line and the beginning of Summary line. Other existing filter
mechanism will ensure only FAIL, PASS, etc. lines are kept after that.
ChangeLog entry is as follow:
*** contrib/ChangeLog ***
2017-06-14 Thomas Preud'homme <email@example.com>
* dg-cmp-results.sh: Keep test result lines rather than throwing
header and summary to support sum files with multiple tools.
Tested successfully on sum file with single tool with similar results
and on sum file with multiple tools now showing a regression with patch
proposed in https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2017-06/msg00875.html
Is this ok for trunk?