This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Mark abort, trap, unreachable and C++ EH and terminations as cold
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:29:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Mark abort, trap, unreachable and C++ EH and terminations as cold
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170609165315.GA77879@kam.mff.cuni.cz> <email@example.com>
> On 06/09/2017 12:53 PM, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> >this patch marks the obvious candidates for cold attribute and enables
> >cold auto-detection on some common coding patterns.
> > * class.c (build_vtbl_initializer): Mark dvirt_fn as cold.
> > * decl.c (cxx_init_decl_processing, push_throw_library_fn): Likewise.
> > (excpet.c): Mark terminate as cold.
> My only complaint about the C++ bits is the 'excpet' typo in the changelog!
Thank you! I will try to mind to fix it at next commit.
I wonder if there are any other obvious candidates for branch prediction
in C++ FE?
> Nathan Sidwell