This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, testsuite] Fix no_trampolines test in check_effective_target_trampolines
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 09:54:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, testsuite] Fix no_trampolines test in check_effective_target_trampolines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jun 8, 2017, at 3:20 AM, Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries@mentor.com> wrote:
> [ To complicate matters objc_target_compile tests for 'objc,no_trampolines' to set -DNO_TRAMPOLINES, but AFAICT that macro is not used anywhere in the objc test suites, so I think that's dead code. ]
Yes, Ok to remove the dead code as well.
> - it's better to have to define one variable than two
> - it looks like an accident that the 'gcc,' was dropped
> - the one with the 'gcc,' prefix has been around longer, and is
> mentioned in dejagnu docs
> I propose to test for 'gcc,no_trampolines' instead of 'no_trampolines' in check_effective_target_trampolines.
> OK for trunk?
I had hit this bug years ago, and was puzzled why people seemed to get it so wrong. I took the easy way out and just defined the three of them. :-(