This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][SPARC] PR target/80968 Prevent stack loads in return delay slot.
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: ebotcazou at adacore dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2017 20:54:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][SPARC] PR target/80968 Prevent stack loads in return delay slot.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <11087818.zJXA0NiXF6@polaris> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1710702.EEFV9pFMPT@polaris>
From: Eric Botcazou <email@example.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 00:02:06 +0200
>> That seems to work as well, following is going through a testsuite
>> run right now:
>> [PATCH] sparc: Fix stack references in return delay slot.
>> PR target/80968
>> * config/sparc/sparc.c (sparc_expand_prologue): Emit frame
>> blockage if function uses alloca.
> Probably worth applying on all active branches I'd think.
I agree, this is a really nasty bug.
I'll do that after some more testing.
Eric, thanks for reviewing and your advice to use frame blockage!