This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][SPARC] PR target/80968 Prevent stack loads in return delay slot.
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 10:32:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][SPARC] PR target/80968 Prevent stack loads in return delay slot.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
> This is an attempt to fix PR target/80968. This bug has existed
> basically forever.
> The stack_tie sequence seems to be how other targets deal with this
> issue. I only emit this when alloca is used. If there are other
> conditions that potentially would necessitate such a barrier, just let
> me know.
See my comment in the audit trail about the stack tie approach, let's just
emit a frame_blockage instead.