This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: About hang in gcov_exit with gnu arm toolchain
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- To: Reetesh Ranjan <reeteshranjan at piaxis dot tech>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 07:44:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: About hang in gcov_exit with gnu arm toolchain
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3C59484E-355F-48B9-A025-8D53520791EF@piaxis.tech>
I have opened this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+bug/1694644 as per the findings I had.
This is Canonical's bug tracker and you seem to be reporting a defect
with their build of gcc. If that is the case, you should be talking
The gcc bug tracker is https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/.
The diff you provide there seems to be detecting when you've looped 2^32
times, because somethings scrogging the object list to become circular.
That's the actual defect that needs fixing.