This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
About hang in gcov_exit with gnu arm toolchain
- From: Reetesh Ranjan <reeteshranjan at piaxis dot tech>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 13:45:31 +0530
- Subject: About hang in gcov_exit with gnu arm toolchain
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have opened this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+bug/1694644 as per the findings I had. I noticed inexplicable hang in gcov_exit/__gcov_flush while trying to do code coverage for an embedded project. The bug mentioned here has all the description, and how I managed to debug and solve it, and a patch. The gnu arm toolchain maintainers have directed me to talk on this gcc email.
I have gone through the gcc contribution guidelines; however, I think I need some more guidance, especially on testing this out, as well as a review of the problem. I would appreciate if you can help me out based on the description in the above mentioned bug.