This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH/BUILD] [GSOC] [REPLACING LIBIBERTY WITH GNULIB]
- From: ayush goel <ayushgoel1610 at gmail dot com>
- To: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 09:27:11 -0700
- Subject: [PATCH/BUILD] [GSOC] [REPLACING LIBIBERTY WITH GNULIB]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This mail is only to summarise my patches for the gsoc project.
Most of the details of the project can be found at
I’ve essentially tried to do the following things as a part of this project:
* Import gnulib as a top level directory inside the gcc tree
* Put the necessary scripts in place to introduce the necessary
modules from the gnulib library so as to replace gcc’s dependency on
the corresponding functions from libiberty.
* Do a differential analysis on the functions present in both the
libraries and summarise the information to make it easier to replace
any function in libiberty with it’s corresponding function from
gnulib, in the future.
* In order to ensure the above mentioned actually works, replaced
three essential functions from libiberty with the gnulib’s version.
For more details -
Links to the patches containing the work:
These patches are still under review.