This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Replacing gcc's dependence on libiberty's fnmatch to gnulib's fnmatch
- From: ayush goel <ayushgoel1610 at gmail dot com>
- To: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 10:25:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Replacing gcc's dependence on libiberty's fnmatch to gnulib's fnmatch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGp8FVXDpmi_WF2EUAtV2jFX5GJctE_-mfLnORDbn9ptfkSkyQ@mail.gmail.com>
The link for that patch importing gnulib inside gcc’s tree:
Apologies for the confusion.
On 25 July 2016 at 10:48:20 PM, ayush goel (firstname.lastname@example.org) wrote:
> On top of the previously filed patch for importing gnulib (the link isn’t available on
> the archive yet, however this contains some of the information: http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/Importing-gnulib-into-the-gcc-tree-td1275807.html#a1279573)
> now I have replaced another function from libiberty with the corresponding version
> from gnulib.
> Even though in both OSX and GNU/Linux, fnmatch is provided by the GNU libc already, so
> the copy in libiberty is not used in your systems. However since the objective is to replace
> whatever functions can be leveraged by gnulib, these changes have been made.
> Tested and bootstrapped on x86_64(appledarwin,linux).
> 2016-07-25 Ayush Goel
> *src/gcc/genattrtab.c: included
> *src/gcc/genautomata.c: included
> *src/gcc/Makefile.in: removed dependency from libiberty’s fnmatch
> *src/gnulib/update-gnulib.sh: Added fnmatch to list of modules imported from gnulib
> Wiki link for more details: https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/replacelibibertywithgnulib