This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH, combine] Try REG_EQUAL for nonzero_bits
- From: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at arm dot com>
- To: "'Jeff Law'" <law at redhat dot com>, "'Eric Botcazou'" <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:26:44 +0800
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, combine] Try REG_EQUAL for nonzero_bits
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000001d00546$33445430$99ccfc90$ at arm dot com> <1667449 dot SiF8mNp2oU at polaris> <000601d015e4$3915ef50$ab41cdf0$ at arm dot com> <2389505 dot JqqgOpb7ZL at polaris> <00f101d044d5$51ddaf30$f5990d90$ at arm dot com> <553A92C1 dot 10603 at redhat dot com>
> From: Jeff Law [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2015 3:00 AM
> Do you have a testcase where this change can result in better generated
> code. If so please add that testcase. It's OK if it's ARM specific.
Last time I tried I couldn't reduce the code to a small testcase but if I remember
well it was mostly due to the problem of finding a good test for creduce
(zero extension is not unique enough). I'll try again with a more manual approach
and get back to you.