This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] Emit error + inform for access control issues
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 11:35:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] Emit error + inform for access control issues
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <551FE078 dot 2020904 at oracle dot com> <5522932C dot 1000803 at redhat dot com>
On 04/06/2015 04:07 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
On 04/04/2015 09:00 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
error ("%q+#D is inaccessible", diag_decl);
- error ("within this context");
+ inform (input_location, "within this context");
This is the wrong error to change to inform; we want the error to be
associated with the point of use, not the declaration of the member.
Yeah, I see what you mean. That requires a rewording however, let me see...