This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, ifcvt] Check size cost in noce_try_store_flag_mask
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Zhenqiang Chen <zhenqiang dot chen at arm dot com>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 11:25:33 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, ifcvt] Check size cost in noce_try_store_flag_mask
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000001cff4d4$29ff8750$7dfe95f0$ at arm dot com>
On 10/31/14 00:30, Zhenqiang Chen wrote:
Given Matthew's follow-up indicting he was comfortable with the patch
as-is and the MIPS folks will follow-up on their costing models, this
patch is fine.
Thank you all for the comments. Patch is updated.
Bootstrap and no make check regression on X86-64.
No make check regression with Cortex-M0 qemu.
No performance changes for coremark, dhrystone, spec2000 and spec2006 on
X86-64 and Cortex-A15.
For CSiBE, ARM Cortex-M0 result is a little better. A little regression for
MIPS (less than 0.01%).