This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, Pointer Bounds Checker 14/x] Passes [1/n] Expand interfaces
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Ilya Enkovich <enkovich dot gnu at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:24:28 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, Pointer Bounds Checker 14/x] Passes [1/n] Expand interfaces
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141008185054 dot GA13454 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <543C400E dot 1050706 at redhat dot com> <CAMbmDYadwsUerUMBAEVCFt80SZLcETxR2smV-HeW5t9kOUcKiw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5451CE7C dot 1000209 at redhat dot com> <20141030163753 dot GA51241 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On 10/30/14 10:37, Ilya Enkovich wrote:
I rebased patches on current trunk. Bootstrap and check are clean on
Darwin bootstrap has few issues due to IPA ICF pass. I also found my
patches introduce an unused variable warning due to conditional code
(under #ifdef ASM_OUTPUT_DEF) in varasm. With IPA ICF disabled and
this warning fixed Darwin 64 bootstrap is OK.
Thanks for taking the extra time to test ARM too. It is greatly
ARM cross build revealed another problem with conditional code.
Function immed_double_const was put under #if
(TARGET_SUPPORTS_WIDE_INT == 0) some time ago but I missed it and
didn't update my patches. With this fixed cross build is also OK.
FWIW, I'd like to see the amount of #if conditional code go down over
time. The glibc team is making a similar change and while painful I do
thing it brings noticeable long term maintenance benefits. But that's
clearly out of scope for this stuff ;-)
Below are required changes. If these fixes are OK, I'm ready to
commit whole series (I'm going to commit it as a single patch because
didn't test each part separately).
They're fine. ANd yes, please commit as a single patch.
Thanks for your patience on this stuff, I know it's been a long slow