This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] microblaze: microblaze.md: Use 'SI' instead of 'VOID' for operand 1 of 'call_value_intern'
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, davem at redhat dot com, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 22:04:42 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] microblaze: microblaze.md: Use 'SI' instead of 'VOID' for operand 1 of 'call_value_intern'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <bekwguasixaphab5pghrhbxp dot 1411603920412 at email dot android dot com> <544673D6 dot 7020607 at gmail dot com> <544709B8 dot 7080707 at gmail dot com> <544CCEC0 dot 50406 at gmail dot com> <544D3C03 dot 4040307 at eagerm dot com> <544DA2FE dot 5080709 at gmail dot com> <54510EB7 dot 1020904 at gmail dot com>
On 10/29/14 23:58, Chen Gang wrote:
> On 10/27/14 9:42, Chen Gang wrote:
>> On 10/27/14 2:22, Michael Eager wrote:
>>> Microblaze-sim provides basic instruction set architecture and memory simulation.
>>> There is no operating system support. (It's also quite old. I'm not sure
>>> which version of the MB architecture it models, but it is not recent.)
>>> Microblaze-sim is not a full system simulator, like QEMU. To be able to
>>> run a program which requires glibc, you need to be able to boot a full Linux
>>> image on the simulator, which microblaze-sim cannot do. QEMU models an
>>> entire processor and can boot a Linux image.
> At present, run upstream qemu 2.1.2 and upstream Linux kernel 3.17-rc7
> with simple ramfs successfully. Via modify ramfs, can run hello world
> program with static glibc (built by upstream mc_gcc), successfully.
After copy the ramfs' "/lib" and "/usr/lib" to outside, build the hello
world program again with the dynamic glibc, then put it to ramfs. The
hello world program with dynamic glibc can run correctly inside qemu :-)
Next, I need focus on networking (I have found qemu related device, and
kernel related device, and I also know, it needs telnetd in busy box).
But sorry, it seems I can not finish within this month :-(
- I wasted much time resources on choosing qemu or sim, next I should
notice about it (do not waste time, again).
- and another excuse is: I have to do it in my free time (within 2.5
hours per day, in average). My current job is not related with it
(at present, it is about Global Platform Java applet for iPhone OS).
- I should finish microblaze qemu test under DejaGNU, should finish
within next month (2014-11-30).
- I also shall start tile cross compiling for gcc/binutils, and use it
to Linux kernel, and test it with qemu. I shall try to finish them
within 2 months (finish before 2014-12-31).
- At least, finish 1 patch for gcc, 1 patch for binutils, 1 patch for
qemu/kvm/xen, 3 patches for kernel, within next month (2014-11-30).
Welcome any ideas, suggestions or completions.
> - For ramfs:
> wget http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/file/view/microblaze_complete.cpio.gz/419243588/microblaze_complete.cpio.gz
> - Related qemu command:
> ./microblaze-softmmu/qemu-system-microblaze -M petalogix-s3adsp1800 \
> -kernel ../linux-stable.microblaze/arch/microblaze/boot/linux.bin \
> -no-reboot -append "console=ttyUL0,115200 doreboot" -nographic
> Next, I shall try to let our gdb and DejaGNU work for it:
> - How to let qemu support network and rsh (ramfs need telnetd, kernel
> may need related driver, and qemu related hardware need be tested).
> - Let gdb work for it, then config DejaGNU (need we test the program
> with dynamic glib, it will be fail now for not match glibc version
> in ramfs).
> - At last, run our test.
> It seems, still many things need trying. Welcome any ideas, suggestions,
> and completions for it (especially for ramfs network and/or glibc, and
> DejaGNU configuration ...).
>> OK, thank you very much, I shall rewind to qemu, and should try my best
>> to finish within within this month.
Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed