This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, Pointer Bounds Checker 40/x] Support in IPA ICF
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Ilya Enkovich <enkovich dot gnu at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 15:18:48 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, Pointer Bounds Checker 40/x] Support in IPA ICF
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141028163809 dot GB61766 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On 10/28/14 10:38, Ilya Enkovich wrote:
After recent merge with trunk I found that new IPA pass ICF requires few modifications for instrumented code:
- instrumentation thunk existence means we cannot merge function into another one and should generate thunk instead
- thunk generation should set with_bounds flag for instrumented funnctions
- when DECL_INITIAL is cleaned for symbol, need_bounds_init should also be reset
Merge also required some minor changes in other patches due to changes includes, etc. Nothing important to repost.
With these changes I get clean bootstrap and make check on linux-x86_64. Also have clean runs of instrumented (run in NOP mode) and not isntrumented SPEC2000 and SPEC2006.
I also tried to bootstrap it for Darwin but unfortunately trunk fails to bootstrap there even with patches from PR63534 applied. Error is the same for mpx branch.
2014-10-28 Ilya Enkovich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* cgraphunit.c (cgraph_node::expand_thunk): Set with_bounds flag
for created call statement.
* ipa-icf.c (sem_function::merge): Do not merge when instrumentation
thunk still exists.
(sem_variable::merge): Reset need_bounds_init flag.
Last few days have been hell and thus hard to find the time to look at
the state of the Darwin world. Thanks for trying to test Darwin.