This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, aoliva at redhat dot com, Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>, tom at tromey dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:03:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: libcc1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141029103151 dot GQ10376 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <5450C862 dot 908 at redhat dot com>
On 10/29/2014 11:58 AM, Phil Muldoon wrote:
> My archaeology into the source repository has not revealed why
> we needed bootstrap. Perhaps we included it out of a sense of
> paranoia for testing. I've CC'd Tom on this, so he may have an
> opinion or insight. From my point of view, I see no value in
> bootstrapping libcc1 now. It's not a required build to bootstrap GCC.
Then I agree, I don't think it needs to be bootstrapped.