This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [debug-early] emit locals early patchset
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, jason merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:40:24 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [debug-early] emit locals early patchset
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <544EDCA8 dot 6070001 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> Here I use a new tree bit (BLOCK_DIE) to store the DIE<->block
> relationship. This will have to be adapted and streamed for LTO.
You might consider using an on-the-side tree->hash map. Saves memory when
not generating debug info (there can be many BLOCKs).
> Kind words greatly appreciated. Basically I'm looking for feedback and
> positive reinforcement that this is all eventually useful :).
I think that goes exactly in the right direction, FWIW.