This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix libcc1 bootstrap and linking issues
- From: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 12:42:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: Fix libcc1 bootstrap and linking issues
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <544F8B07 dot 1000904 at redhat dot com> <20141028123430 dot GH10376 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On 28/10/14 12:34, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 12:24:39PM +0000, Phil Muldoon wrote:
>> 2014-10-28 Phil Muldoon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * configure.ac: Remove -Werror.
>> * configure: Regenerate.
>> * Makefile.am: Remove -Werror. Link correct libiberty.
>> * Makefile.in: Regenerate.
> As for -Werror, doesn't your patch completely remove -Werror from the flags?
> Looking around, we have config/warnings.m4 which contains
> macro used by several libraries, which supposedly enables -Werror when
Yeah Uros was reporting that the -Werror flag in configure.ac was also
conflicting. auto-* tools are definetly not my strong point, and I did
not write these build configurations. Anyway, this is somewhat moot
as your patch is earlier and better than mine, so we'll go with that.
Thanks for taking a look at the issue and coming up with a fix.