This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: genmatch infinite loop during bootstrap on AIX
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:13:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: genmatch infinite loop during bootstrap on AIX
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnykRi9tjw4VPpArRaDYYMZvwxjvYt_oqDGMhjmataTLKJA at mail dot gmail dot com> <A9E6708C-0B2E-4925-A30C-62D88990DBC6 at suse dot de> <CAGWvny=ghm7XKQ6y8oMhQDG1Ru=Si8wqorr6nHrAirp02P6pag at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGWvnym9p7tmE7s2efNW5YjxSDT-vrW-8xJmYzPpRqRodiFGPg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGWvnynWYR5FYctJTa2GGvwGo3asvkU23Y-7Om8pLqCT3w-52A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGWvny=Zt44No1-nBWcW+J9_tDSXgFj+-DWAz8NyyzF6kXj-RQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <267699E8-43E8-44DA-AA34-2EB99414238C at suse dot de> <CAGWvny=f9Y=3VQC=RjH7x6xw8Xj9ywyCEWx9ec1u=ikhtOx7hw at mail dot gmail dot com> <C3399E76-42FD-47B0-87CA-2F24C36B930F at gmail dot com>
On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 2:37 AM, Richard Biener
> On October 27, 2014 1:49:54 AM CET, David Edelsohn <email@example.com> wrote:
>>Does genmatch rely on static constructors or implicitly rely on the
>>order of static constructors? Sometimes those cause problems on AIX.
> No, it doesn't.
>>Bootstrap on AIX succeeds prior to r216631, e.g., r216624. It works
>>after your commit r216619 to correct Makefile.in, or prior to that by
>>manually editing Makefile.in to add LIBICONV and LIBINTL.
> OK, so this would mean that r216631 causes a miscompile for you. Though that does not match up with you seeing this happening during stage1...
> The place where it is looping is using std::map <std::string, unsigned>.
> Does -static-libstdc++ work for you host compilers?
> Can you try emptying gcc/match.pd for a non-working rev.?
I am trying a bootstrap with an empty match.pd as a short-term
work-around to allow me to continue bootstrapping and testing GCC
trunk on AIX while we debug this.