This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: genmatch infinite loop during bootstrap on AIX
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:32:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: genmatch infinite loop during bootstrap on AIX
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGWvnykRi9tjw4VPpArRaDYYMZvwxjvYt_oqDGMhjmataTLKJA at mail dot gmail dot com> <A9E6708C-0B2E-4925-A30C-62D88990DBC6 at suse dot de> <CAGWvny=ghm7XKQ6y8oMhQDG1Ru=Si8wqorr6nHrAirp02P6pag at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGWvnym9p7tmE7s2efNW5YjxSDT-vrW-8xJmYzPpRqRodiFGPg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGWvnynWYR5FYctJTa2GGvwGo3asvkU23Y-7Om8pLqCT3w-52A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGWvny=Zt44No1-nBWcW+J9_tDSXgFj+-DWAz8NyyzF6kXj-RQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <267699E8-43E8-44DA-AA34-2EB99414238C at suse dot de> <CAGWvny=f9Y=3VQC=RjH7x6xw8Xj9ywyCEWx9ec1u=ikhtOx7hw at mail dot gmail dot com> <C3399E76-42FD-47B0-87CA-2F24C36B930F at gmail dot com>
On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 2:37 AM, Richard Biener
> On October 27, 2014 1:49:54 AM CET, David Edelsohn <email@example.com> wrote:
>>Does genmatch rely on static constructors or implicitly rely on the
>>order of static constructors? Sometimes those cause problems on AIX.
> No, it doesn't.
>>Bootstrap on AIX succeeds prior to r216631, e.g., r216624. It works
>>after your commit r216619 to correct Makefile.in, or prior to that by
>>manually editing Makefile.in to add LIBICONV and LIBINTL.
> OK, so this would mean that r216631 causes a miscompile for you. Though that does not match up with you seeing this happening during stage1...
gcc111 uses GCC 4.8.1 as the default version of GCC. That bootstrap
fails in stage 2.
My internal system has GCC 4.7.3 installed. That bootstrap fails in stage 1.
> The place where it is looping is using std::map <std::string, unsigned>.
I hope that this isn't a signed char issue.
> Does -static-libstdc++ work for you host compilers?
Yes, GCC uses -static-libstdc++ on AIX.
> Can you try emptying gcc/match.pd for a non-working rev.?
An empty match.pd seems to work. I will try adding back stanzas and
see where it hangs.