This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [x86] RFA: Use new rtl iterators in ix86_loop_unroll_adjust
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:42:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [x86] RFA: Use new rtl iterators in ix86_loop_unroll_adjust
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <877fzo1pkn dot fsf at googlemail dot com>
On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Richard Sandiford
> This is part of a series to remove uses of for_each_rtx from the ports.
> It looks like this code should be iterating over the pattern rather than
> the full insn, or do MEMs in notes really count? If we iterate over the
> pattern then there should be no need for the test for null.
> Tested by making sure there were no code changes for gcc.dg, gcc.c-torture
> and g++.dg for x86_64-linux-gnu, and also by a boostrap. OK to install?
> * config/i386/i386.c (ix86_loop_memcount): Delete.
> (ix86_loop_unroll_adjust): Use FOR_EACH_SUBRTX.
Please also move the following comment to new place instead of removing it:
-/* This function gives out the number of memory references.
- This value determines the unrolling factor for
- bdver3 and bdver4 architectures. */
OK with this change.