This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: fix breakage from "[PATCH] Fix genmatch linking"
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: rguenther at suse dot de
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jakub at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 18:47:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: PATCH: fix breakage from "[PATCH] Fix genmatch linking"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> From: Richard Biener <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:56:51 +0200
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2014, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > Still, I don't understand exactly how your patch
> > introduces build-subdirectories where there were none before.
> > Maybe that "+all-gcc: maybe-all-build-libcpp" was wrong and
> > should be different?
> No, we do need a build-libcpp to build gcc/build/genmatch.
> Not sure how you got around without a build-libiberty as other
> gen* programs surely require that.
Regular cross-configurations got around fine as they used the
"host"-build libiberty, which for crosses seemed to differ from
"build"-builds(!) only in that they're built at the objdir top
instead of objdir/build-<hosttuple>. Crosses *could* still use
the host libraries, but whatever; we're avoiding a
cross-or-native-conditional now. I haven't given
canadian-crosses any thought, maybe they were broken before.