This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 2/n] OpenMP 4.0 offloading infrastructure: LTO streaming
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Ilya Verbin <iverbin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, Ilya Tocar <tocarip at gmail dot com>, Andrey Turetskiy <andrey dot turetskiy at gmail dot com>, Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:20:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/n] OpenMP 4.0 offloading infrastructure: LTO streaming
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140927181647 dot GA1819 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20140929011014 dot GA11758 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <20140929173704 dot GA7526 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <878ul172w5 dot fsf at schwinge dot name> <20141001161332 dot GB54978 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1410151612470 dot 20733 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <20141020111935 dot GA9362 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20141024141601 dot GA62562 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 06:16:01PM +0400, Ilya Verbin wrote:
> We have to set the global have_offload flag in few places in omp-low.c and in FE
> (c/c-decl.c:c_decl_attributes, fortran/trans-common.c:build_common_decl,
> This way looks for me a bit more complicated than the current approach.
> Actually, we could follow Jakub's suggestion of caching the attribute in a bit
> field, and set the global have_offload flag on the run without any changes in
> FE. However, I don't know a suitable place for it. If you agree with the
> approach, could you please specify the place?
Can't you do that when creating the cgraph or varpool nodes?
I'd expect the attribute to be already present on the decls at those spots.