This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][AArch64] LINK_SPEC changes for Cortex-A53 erratum 835769 workaround
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, Tejas Belagod <tejas dot belagod at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:08:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AArch64] LINK_SPEC changes for Cortex-A53 erratum 835769 workaround
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5447BD29 dot 4060504 at arm dot com> <CAFqB+PyCrvg9dOHEwYt5V2o=ZQww9GmEjpa_Eq6gNXrBZW4zWQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 12:04:52PM +0100, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
> On 22 October 2014 15:20, Kyrill Tkachov <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > This patch contains the LINK_SPEC changes required to pass on the linker
> > option --fix-cortex-a53-835769 when compiling with -mfix-cortex-a53-835769
> > (or by default when configured with --enable-fix-cortex-a53-835769).
> > This requires a binutils installation with the patch posted at
> > https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-10/msg00198.html applied.
> > Bootstrapped and tested on aarch64-none-linux-gnu and built various
> > benchmarks.
> > This patch applies to 4.9 (4.8 version will be posted separately) and has
> > been tested there as well.
> > Ok for trunk and 4.9?
> The corresponding binutils changes are committed on binutils trunk,
> 2.25 and 2.24.
> The trunk patch is OK.
> Given that Jakub is in the process of preparing a 4.9.2 I'd like an
> explicit OK before we commit on 4.9. Jakub?
Is that a regression on the 4.9 branch? If not, I'd prefer if it could wait