This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][AArch64] LINK_SPEC changes for Cortex-A53 erratum 835769 workaround
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>, jakub at redhat dot com
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, Tejas Belagod <tejas dot belagod at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:04:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AArch64] LINK_SPEC changes for Cortex-A53 erratum 835769 workaround
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5447BD29 dot 4060504 at arm dot com>
On 22 October 2014 15:20, Kyrill Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> This patch contains the LINK_SPEC changes required to pass on the linker
> option --fix-cortex-a53-835769 when compiling with -mfix-cortex-a53-835769
> (or by default when configured with --enable-fix-cortex-a53-835769).
> This requires a binutils installation with the patch posted at
> https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2014-10/msg00198.html applied.
> Bootstrapped and tested on aarch64-none-linux-gnu and built various
> This patch applies to 4.9 (4.8 version will be posted separately) and has
> been tested there as well.
> Ok for trunk and 4.9?
The corresponding binutils changes are committed on binutils trunk,
2.25 and 2.24.
The trunk patch is OK.
Given that Jakub is in the process of preparing a 4.9.2 I'd like an
explicit OK before we commit on 4.9. Jakub?