This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C/C++ diagnostics guidelines
- From: Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- To: Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:42:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: C/C++ diagnostics guidelines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAESRpQD_o8FQ2KBVp0JbygZC9-95TdoUi3w=6He7KY_TAEtd2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1410171733100 dot 22473 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAESRpQCFoyY3OUkCz0Va1nd2gDStKikJF-nLanCL9+_J=TZniw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAESRpQBuxPhAenanpjwwXQm5DvevE+Vvh31wiavUsSpa=2NKRg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <email@example.com> writes:
> On 17 October 2014 20:04, Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 17 October 2014 19:33, Joseph S. Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez wrote:
>>>> Thus, I drafted some guidelines
>>>> Please, could you take a look and comment whether I got it right/wrong?
>>> Yes, that looks right to me.
>> I added guidelines also about locations and warning options.
> I believe there are also some rules about when to use some special
> line-map functions that arise when warning about macros like NULL, but
> I am not aware of the specifics. It would be useful if someone added
> Dodji, Paolo? Do you know what I'm talking about?
Hmmh, I am not sure. Do you have any example of warning about such