This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C/C++ diagnostics guidelines
- From: Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- To: Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:39:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: C/C++ diagnostics guidelines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAESRpQD_o8FQ2KBVp0JbygZC9-95TdoUi3w=6He7KY_TAEtd2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1410171733100 dot 22473 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAESRpQCFoyY3OUkCz0Va1nd2gDStKikJF-nLanCL9+_J=TZniw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez <email@example.com> writes:
> On 17 October 2014 19:33, Joseph S. Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Manuel LÃpez-IbÃÃez wrote:
>>> Thus, I drafted some guidelines
>>> Please, could you take a look and comment whether I got it right/wrong?
>> Yes, that looks right to me.
> I added guidelines also about locations and warning options.
I like these very much. Thank you for looking into this.
To take this further, I am thinking that these guidelines would be even
better served by standing on their own page. If nobody objects, I can
create a DiagnosticsGuidelines page in the wiki with the content that you added.