This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Extract and insert merging patch
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Petr Murzin <petrmurzin1 at gmail dot com>, marc dot glisse at inria dot fr
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:21:11 -0600
- Subject: Re: Extract and insert merging patch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANDVG5j0+sn_1EeBrmU0ebQn=E91BWULu60d=5CxH6kN9BHV=w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+=Sn1mq-CZDk+u1e9WO=JbQuEkxr+3Y+AEOsH8ex_0OcDhG9Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <541B521A dot 4010309 at redhat dot com> <CANDVG5h9KPDoOaFBcb_2kmFf1F6jJ2z7+b_ULwQ35aROGiHXBQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/22/14 09:01, Petr Murzin wrote:
Thanks. This looks pretty good. The only missing thing I see is a
bootstrap and regression test. Can you please take care of those and
confirm the compiler bootstraps with your change and does not show any
regressions in the testsuite?
Please have a look at updated patch.
2014-10-22 Petr Murzin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* simplify-rtx.c (simplify_ternary_operation): Simplify
vec_merge (vec_duplicate (vec_select)).
* gcc.target/i386/extract-insert-combining.c: New.
With that step done this should be OK for the trunk.