This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] Add porting_to.html, describe gnu11 changes
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 09:56:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] Add porting_to.html, describe gnu11 changes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141022152913 dot GC10501 at redhat dot com>
On Oct 22, 2014, at 8:29 AM, Marek Polacek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The following adds the porting_to.html document for GCC 5 and
> documents issues arising from moving the default to gnu11.
So, one way for a person to port a large project, would be just to select gnu89 as the target language for the project. Should be a one line change, if their project is structured well. Seems like we should mention that at the top.
I think we should leave out headers with empty contents. For example, Java issues. Don’t expect there to be any, so, no need to have the header.