This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 4/8] Disable max_issue when scheduling for register pressure
- From: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- To: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, ramrad01 at arm dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:55:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/8] Disable max_issue when scheduling for register pressure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <D371E137-568A-4772-B3D7-9A898B0E6B7C at linaro dot org>
On 10/20/2014 11:21 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
> This patch disables max_issue-based lookahead multipass scheduling when register-pressure heuristics are active. The two approaches tend to undo each others decisions and don't play well together.
Yes, I am agree.
> Currently this patch is a no-op, since no target uses both max_issue and register-pressure scheduling. This will change soon with upcoming patches that will enable max_issue during 2nd scheduling pass for ARM and AArch64.
> Bootstrapped on x86_64-linux-gnu. Regression testing is in progress. OK to commit if no regressions?
The patch is ok. Thanks, Maxim.